Sunday, June 28, 2009

MY SPEECH


On Wednesday 24th the speech finals were held at the Wellsford hall.
Three year 5 & 6 pupils went and said their speech.
This is my speech:

As the gates clink shut behind me the first thing I hear is a bunch of horrified screams.
"Uh oh," I think to myself.
As we queue up in the long noisy line my adrenalin starts to rush.
As another pail pair of people walk out the gates I really start to get nervous.
One more group to go until it's our turn.

I gulp as I hear the last bunch of screams fly down to the ground.
"Please take off all your accessories", I hear as I get into my seat.
As the saftey bar clinks tightly into place we slowly start to go up.
I look over to mum who's as white as a ghost,
I try to force out a laugh but nothing comes out, I
guess it's because I am too nervous.

As we keep going up a breathtaking veiw came into my sight.
"Wow what a great veiw, I can see the whole of Auckland.
"Hey this isn't so ba.....Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As we fly down as fast as lightning My feet nearly fly up and hit my face.
I fell like my gut has gone up into my.....Hey it's over already.
That wasn't so bad, I think to myself as we walk out the gates.
It truly was a day to remember.
Although now I know why it's called THE FEAR FALL!!!

By Luke Stevens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done on your public speaking! Your poor mother going on that Fear Fall! I wonder if she will go on it again?? Mrs Stevens