Sunday, June 28, 2009


On the 24th of june the Tomarata speech finalists went to the Wellsford community centre to say their speeches.This is my speech:
It was so exiting! Going to Roturua and seeing all the amazing birds, animals and reptiles at rainbow springs.First we went to a thermal mud resort called "Hells Gate".
Well they got the hell part right!I felt like I was in an oven!
Some of the pools were little others were quite big and some were even black!
My dad would'nt stop sniffing the sulfur in the rocks,which to me wasn't a good idea.
We decided it was time to get going,and I don't blame them! That place gives me the creeps!
We jumped into the car and continued our journey to Rainbow Springs.
It's called that because there are lights underneath the waterfalls. There were ducks, eels, trout, keas, owls, swans - oh the list is endless.
Finally we came to the conclusion that it was time to go home, but that certainly was a day to remember.
Rebecca Keven.

No comments: